20110509

Ideals

I get asked a lot if I’m a liberal, or a conservative. Right off the bat I have to say it does not matter, because I am a patriot in love with America. And as a Marine I don't get to really voice my opinions TOO loudly.

But, I don’t really know.

First my take on politicians is this, they are ALL rich people trying to do one of two things, stay rich, or get richer. When it comes to the presidency I remember seeing Reagan and like him for nostalgia reasons. I grew up with Clinton and like him because he was there when I was formulating my ideas and ideals. I hate Bush because he got rich off the blood of my friends. I don’t care about Obama because were too far gone. And bottom line is I’m a Marine and we will do as the president directs.

I am typically moved deeply by stories of Truman. His life, his presidency. And Eisenhower. Eisenhower’s dad was a mechanic. My father talks about him. He is like Reagan is to me. Universally the best presidents come from the humblest of lives. Bad presidents (or less than popular) come from privileged lives (Bush,and Nixon for example).

Now for the issue. Liberal or conservative. I believe in a mixed up mash of ideals. I believe very strongly in highly disciplined homes. My mother was very strict and I am also very strict. I believe that family is the center of life. And a mans measure comes from the family he raises, with the materials at hand. I believe in the right to bear arms. But no one needs a machine gun. I believe in the “melting pot”, but at the same time I believe that illegal aliens are the greatest single threat to our longevity.

I believe God has no business in school, but we should still pledge our allegiance even if not “one nation under God”. I believe it is the responsibility of the individual to work as hard as they need to be as comfortable as they desire, but the government needs to give us health care. I believe that most “hot” political issues are based on religious ideals, and that is NOT a public thing.

I don’t care about gay marriage. I don’t care about abortions. These are all private matters that don’t affect me, and shouldn’t bother you. I think we need to take responsibility for the environment, and the nature we dominate around us. We need to revamp our federal, local and state laws to actually protect us. I think it’s stupid to kill an assailant trying to cause serious harm to my family in my house, only to get sued by the family that made him a deviant.

I firmly feel that the old world is the old worlds’ problem, and we need to focus our time and energy on our hemisphere. Our ancestors left Europe for a reason. I believe that drugs are very bad, but fast food is far more lethal. McDonalds, Marlboros, and Bud Light is kill more of us than anything. Marijuana from Mexico is not worth fighting a war over when there are meth labs in suburban America. We can go to war with them.

I believe groups who are overtly anti American or former enemies of our nation should be eliminated. When Germany was full of Nazis we blew them off the continent, but its o.k. for white kids from the burbs? We fought a war ending slavery and then crawled through decades of violence for equality, but it’s not a crime to be in the KKK? Foolish.

I also think that we NEED to censure television. News should be unbiased, and very plain. Information and raw data only. Teens should not be seeing idiots from New Jersey spread herpes and disrespecting there mothers. The grip of popular culture should not be around our throats. Famous people should not have any say in the politics or day to day of Americans who are poor. Except Arnold. He’s the man.

The list goes on and on. Very long, complex story short I am neither. I am both. I am middle of the road. If you are a decent person, you are good in my book. Work hard, contribute to those who need it, and take care of your family.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I had expected you to be far more right-wing, considering your other posts, but I actually agree with almost everything you said. Guess I'm still making stupid assumptions and stereotyping....

    I was wondering if you could elaborate on a couple things that confused me. Why do you say that "illegal aliens are the single biggest threat to our longevity?"

    Also, what do you mean when you say you want unbiased news? That seems impossible to me, as humans write it. Even if they only reported raw data, which raw data they used would in itself put a spin on it, and giving everything seems like it would be impractical.

    ReplyDelete