20110519

ENDEX

My recent time in our home away from home, CENTCOM, is coming to a close. This was a unique and some what challenging deployment in comparison to my last trips to the AO.

I switched platoons and watched one of the worst turn into the best, and then watched the best turn average. I stopped working for the most disagreeable human on the face of the planet to working with one of the best officers I have met. I realized that some “friends” aren’t, and being humble always pays the bills. I have made close friends, and evaluated future enemies.

The Middle Evil!


I can say that the challenge was not the enemy or the terrain this time, but the movements, the planning and the control of the Marines. My platoon found itself in several locations through out the AO on numerous occasions doing different missions at the same time. My warrior elite NCOs cracked skulls, towed the line and enforced the rules. Non stop. Every day. All day.

From L to R, Cpl Williams, Cpl Carney, Sgt. Wright,
Cpl. Vlasak, Cpl. Thurmond, and sgt. Fritchman

I met some famous people, hazed the crap out of some athletes, and trained soldiers from end to end of the AO.

The Boondock Saints dropped in, and we ground fought a bit.

from L to R Troy Duffy, Sean Patrick Flannery, Norman Reedus, and SSgt. Visnick

The Florida Marlins came by and got thrashed by me in an LZ Drill.
From L to R Jeff Conine, Grendel, some dude, John Buck, Logan Morrison, and Don Simpson. 

"FOLLOW ME HIPPIES!!!!"
Tobey Keith spent some time with us, but wouldn’t buy me an iPad. And I can't find my pic with him.

I trained Jordanians in Machine gun gunnery, and fire and maneuver.
Clark with a Z, and a Jordanian Machine Gunner
And got all the boys to Grey Belt.
LCpl Cole buttstrokes Lcpl Mott

Talked to the Pakistanis about MCMAP, and modern base defense along with infiltration.

Worked with the Lebanese and taught them how to shoot fast and clear structures.

PNS Qasim in Karachi, the smelliest place on earth

Grendel and Lt. Cluade Mattar talk tactics to the Lebanese Forces


It wasn’t all work and no play, however.
I went to the baptismal site of God’s kid, Jesus.
Grendel on the site.
And looked at the holy land from Mt. Nebo.
A wolf in the Holy Land
Visited the memorial site for the bombing sites in Beirut.

Marine Corps Holy ground....



PT was extensive, constant, varied and always terrible!!!
I worked hard to get as far as possible in MCMAP, and ended up with 11 brown belts, 25 green belts and the rest grey belts!



America's First Sergeant and I.


 
 

Suck fests!!!
All in all. It was an enjoyable experience and can’t wait for the next go around..........




1 comment: